Top Grade Assignment Help Publishes a solution of Responsive Web Design Assignment
In this report we check the whole nominated website such as the home page, login page, about Gumtree page, etc. in different types of devices or screens in both the view portrait and landscape to check the responsibilities of the website and provide the test results. We also discussed the many responsive web design principles and rules to make the website responsive to the different screen sizes and provide the recommendations to improve the PHP website design of the nominated website.
Clearly identify the nominated website. Provide an overview and description of the nominated website.
Gumtree is the Australia’s number one classifieds company which connecting approximately more than 7.4 million Aussies per month to sell, buy and finding anything from the furniture, cars, appliances, business services, jobs, rental in the local community of the Australia. It’s become the Australia favorite way for the sellers and buyers to connect. It was launched in the 2007 as the local classified ads and the community site. The whole system of Gumtree mainly designed to connect the people who were either planning to move or had just arrived in the new place and need the help to getting started with the accommodation employment and meeting new people.
Gumtree aims to give the simple and easy to use tool to people so that they can quickly find what they are searching for. Its provide each and everything among the local community of the Australia’s which is needed to live the life at a bargain price such as; car, job, flat, kids items, daily and fashion wear , language teacher to help the people to learn the new languages, etc.
The main features of the website are given below:
- Clear logo: The logo of the Gum tree website is clean in design and the text contains in the logo is also easily understand by all the people. A clean and clear website logo is just like the business card for that particular brand or business. It is also one of the reassuring symbols of trust for the company or business so this is one of the important features of the website.
- Based on multi location: The website auto redirect as per the users area or geographical location and show the classified ads according to the location of user.
- Social icon links/buttons: The website contains the social icon links to share the content on the social site like Facebook, twitter, etc.
- Responsive web design: The responsive website design and compatible to all the devices and screen size.
- Custom search: The website provides the custom search option on the home page of the website, so that user can easily search which they want.
- Categorization of product in the home page: The website contains all the product and services under their specified categories and displayed in the home page of the website so the user can easily find their particular services or product which they want.
- Advertising panel: The website provides the advertising panel for the admin such as: banner, network ads, etc.
- Personal account for all the users: The website provides the personal account for all the users for the security purpose of the both website and users. So the users must have to get register on the website before posting any ads, etc.
- Post options for classified ads: The website provides the several post options to users to post their classified ads like free post and paid post.
Identify the positive and negative aspects of the website. Draw particular attention to the interaction and usability aspects of the interface.
The positive and negative aspects of the website are given below:
- Concise: The content of the website is clear and concise. All the information about the products and services are written well, appropriate, and exact in labels. It takes less time of users while reading and understanding the information.
- Familiar: The website is familiar in use because things are used in the website are common and usable in our daily life so the users are comfortable to use the website.
- Responsive: The design of the website is responsive for all the devices and the contents are automatically adjust according to the screen size of the device, so that user can access the website in any device like mobile, tablet, etc.
- Consistent: All the things in the website like buttons, tabs, links, etc. are consistent in use so this is also the positive aspect of the website.
- Attractive: The user interface of the website is easy to use, simple, responsive, and efficient so it is enjoyable for the website users and makes them truly satisfied.
- Efficient: The website interface is kept clean and clear so the users accomplish easily what they exactly want instead of simply implementing access to a list of the features.
- Learnability: The users don’t need any additional instruction to access the website just because of its simple and easy to use interface so the learnability of the website is the positive aspect of the website.
- Late response: The webpages of the website loading slow on the browser and response late so sometimes user get frustrated and leave the website. This is one of the negative aspects of the website.
- Absence of email listing tool:
- The website has no newsletter signup element.
- Also the newsletter signup element must be placed on the most viewing place of the website, but it is not exist in this website so this is also one of the negative aspects of the website.
We invite two people to provide the critical review of the nominated website. They have to provide their feedback about the website by using the chrome device simulator. The persons who are invited are my classmate and another is my brother who is older than me. The name of my classmate and my brother is John and Tom. John is pursing MCA and he is 23 years old, and Tom is 32 years old and he is a software engineer. We ask to both to review the nominated website.
John said that, he is started accessing the each and every aspect of the website and also check the each webpage of the website by using the chrome device simulator to test the web pages are responsive in all the types of screen sizes or not. John said the website is responsive and compatible to all the size of screens. John also said that the website is good but the response time of loading the page on the browser when he search the website is slow so he has to wait for a while to access the website.
Tom said that, he review all the parts of the website by visiting all the links, buttons, and pages of the website and also check the responsiveness of various pages of the website by emulating all the pages of the website in the chrome device simulator in the different sizes of the screen. He found that the website is responsive and compatible with different type of screen like small, medium, and large screen. But he noticed the web pages are stop rendering properly when it hits to the 768 pixel breakpoint. The website is also compatible in portrait and landscape view of device screen but the pixel density is changes with the resolution of screen so the pages takes more time to load.
No my reviews also almost same to the review of John and Tom.
The nominated website is good and informative but need some improvement in the designing part of the website. The content of the website is fully informatics and reliable but it’s not aligning in good manner so the website user may get confused and irritating. Except it, the footer part of the website is too long and there are lots of extra spaces left which is not looking good, also the menus and other content in the footer of the website not arranged well. The search bar given in the banner section of the website body is placed very downward side so it’s not looking good and clearly understand by the user so it may be shifted upward and the length of the search bar also covers lots of spaces on the web pages so it also may be reduce in width. Generally the search bar is the option on the website which is provided on the upper side of the website body or header in average length so that user can view it easily when they entered in the website and understand this is the place where they can search their product and services on the website for which they open the website. The slider section given above the footer of the website on the home page also needs some improvement. Some of the images used in the slider are not fully visible and hidden by the footer which is not give a good look to the website so it needs to improved. All the contents on the home page of the website also need to be rearranging in good manner. There are lots of unnecessary free spaces left which is not in used and also not require in the future maintenance, so it needs to be removed. So we can say that the website design is not up to mark and the web designer has to properly work in the designing part of the website, so that it fulfils the criteria of the good website.
The demand of the responsive web design rapidly increases in the last few years. There is so many changes are still evolving in the responsive web design due to rapidly increasing growth of the smartphone users. Now the peoples are mostly like to access the web and website in their mobiles because it makes them comfortable as comparing to access the web in their laptops and computers. So the web developers have to code their website by keeping the responsive web design in their mind so that the website can accessed in all the types of devices efficiently such as; mobile, tablet, Mac book, etc. Because the mobile companies designed various screen sizes of the devices with lots of features so that we need to design and developed the responsive web design.
Responsive web design (RWD)
Basically the responsive web design refers to the type of web design where the different characteristics of the website such as; height and width of the website layout, alignment of the web content, etc. will be adjusted according to the screen width of the devices like mobile, laptops, tablet, etc. The responsive web design is the characteristics which are implemented in the code of the website by the developers. The responsive web design basically needed because of two factors/reasons: usability of the website and page loading speed of the website. So simply we can say that the responsive web design is the approach to a web page creation which allows the flexible uses of layout of the website.
The basic principles of responsive web design (RWD) are:
- Built on the fluid grid.
- Responsive images and videos.
- Media queries to define breakpoints.
Read more about Web Designing Assignment Help
Built on the fluid grid:
The webpages or website built on the fluid grid principle will be based on the percentage instead of the pixels. The fluid grid principle mainly used in the print industries where the sizes of the magazines and newspaper were same but in terms of the website, the website may uses in different types of screens or devices so the using to fixed unit like pixel is not useful and beneficial as we want to make the website responsive in design. So if we do not want to the website resolution is fixed we have to define the size of the web content in percentage (%) in place of pixel. So if you have problems in defining the size of web content in percentage instead of pixel you can easily solve it by using the formula given below:
Target / context = result
For example, if your website width is 960px and you want to adjust it in the maximized browser having width 1960px, then you can find the value by putting the existing values in the formula:
960/1960 = 50%
Responsive images and videos:
According to this principle the images and videos should scale depending on the resolution screen resolution of the devices in which they are being viewed on. The main idea behind this is that the images used in the website will adjust itself according to the size of the fluid, so to implement this we have to define the height and width of the images and videos in percentage (%) instead of pixel.
Media queries to define the breakpoints:
The media queries are used in CSS to alter the layouts of the various breakpoints in the design of the website. If you want to adjust your website according to the mobile resolution of the mobile which you developed according to the resolution of laptop then it difficult, because the mobile phone contains the portraits that us their screen is larger vertical than horizontally. So here we need the media queries which are used from many years. The CSS technology has been available for the developers in the browser that contains the media queries. The media queries have the functionality to check first and then let the CSS to apply. It firstly checks the resolution of the browser then apply the CSS on the website. Media queries are like this: @media screen and (min-width:600px).
Mobile first is the approach to design the responsive website for the mobiles first and then move on the higher resolution like tables, mobile, etc.
Comment on the tool (Chrome device simulator) which you used to test the website and elaborate its advantage and disadvantage
Chrome device simulator is the type of software program that allows the user to emulate the web pages according to the different sizes of screen like mobile, tablet, laptop, etc. It is mainly used to test the responsiveness of the web pages of the website. The web-testers are used the chrome device simulator tool to test the external behavior of websites like calculation and making transactions, etc. The chrome device simulator is the partial re-implementation of the original software. Read more about Web Designing and Development Assignment Help
The web-tester just has to choose the resolution of mobile screens given in the tab to test the responsiveness of the webpage, after that the current web page will open in the new separate window in the selected size/resolution of the screen.
The features of the chrome device simulator are given below:
- Ten different types of predefined screen sizes are available.
- Landscape and portrait view options of the web pages available.
- Efficiently work with the local file too.
- Same scrollbars available as in the mobile devices.
Advantage of the Chrome device emulator
- The Chrome device emulator is enables the users to feel close towards the real mobile device while testing the website.
- It is much cost efficient and helpful to provide the test result when the tester don’t have sufficient time to purchase the testing device to test the website for submitting the test report on the given deadline.
- It is open source software so that it can be easily download and used by all the persons.
- It also provides the screenshot facility in the Microsoft office with easy capturing.
See more about Database Design Concept Assignment
Disadvantages of the Chrome device simulator
- It is unable to simulate the battery related issues.
- It is unable to simulate the interrupts for incoming messages and calls.
- The chrome device simulator cannot properly simulate the real colour display of the mobile devices when the real mobile device is in black or in sunlight.
- The simulator performs less than the original device at the same time.
- It is mostly suitable for certain types of functional test executions.
Similar devices to the chrome device simulator
The Chrome devtools is a device mode which is used to build the mobile-first and fully responsive website. It is basically used to simulate the wide range of devices and their capability.
Ripple Emulator (Beta)
The Ripple emulator supports many mobile environment platforms that is used to reduce the challenges being faced by the mobile device developer.
We check the responsiveness of the home page of the website in the large, medium, and tiny display size with the help of chrome device simulator. The screenshot of the test are given below:
Read more about PHP Assignment Help
In this report we mainly discussed about the responsive web design principles and about the testing device chrome device simulator which is used to simulate the web pages in different sizes of device screen to check the responsiveness of website. As we know that, testing is the important phase of the product cycle and need to be efficient performed, so we used the chrome device simulator to test the nominated website in different screen size. This device is open source and easy to use so any one can use this.
Treehouse Blog. (2014). The 2014 Guide to Responsive Web Design – Treehouse Blog. [online] Available at: http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/modern-field-guide-responsive-web-design [Accessed 11 May 2016].
Simulate Mobile Devices with Device Mode | Web Tools – Google Developers. (2016). Simulate Mobile Devices with Device Mode | Web Tools – Google Developers. [online] Available at: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/iterate/device-mode/?hl=en [Accessed 11 May 2016].
Chrome.google.com. (2016).mobile browser emulator. [online] Available at: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mobile-browser-emulator/lbofcampnkjmiomohpbaihdcbjhbfepf?hl=en [Accessed 11 May 2016].
Lynam, Max. “Testing Your Responsive Web Design With Chrome Developer Mobile Emulator Tool – Twitter Bootstrap Leader In Responsive RWD Joomla Templates”. Joostrap.com. N.p., 2016. Web. 11 May 2016.
“Moodle Mobile Development Using Chrome Or Chromium – Moodledocs”. Docs.moodle.org. N.p., 2016. Web. 11 May 2016.
Read more about Assignment Help Australia
Top Grade Assignment help provide technical assignment writing service based on case study requirements in affordable prices and we are providing most flexible online assignment writing help, so book your Assignment with us, order now